Funeral Cost Estimates
- Funeral costs can vary over a very wide range, from $2,000 to $30,000 and more, depending on services required and from one funeral home to another.
- Family member or friend should ask specific and detailed questions to minimize surprises.
- Every small service has a cost associated with it, these include moving the body, viewing the body at funeral home prior to cremation, preparing memorial packages, coroner fees, washing and dressing the body, embalming the body, witnessing cremation, flowers, and many many more.
- Weekend and holiday funeral services cost substantially more.
- Costs of Hindu priest services are not included.
- Only one death certificate is included in stated costs
- Listed below are rough cost estimates for selected set of cremation related services.
Basic minimum cremation package: Includes the following.
Cost approximately $2000 to $3000
- Basic support of staff
- Securing necessary permits
- Two (2) days of refrigeration
- Basic casket
- Basic urn
- State fees
- Sales tax on merchandise
- Local transfer of remains to mortuary
Cremation with Viewing, Includes all those under Basic minimum cremation package:
Cost approximately $4000 to $6000
- Also includes embalming the body, washing, & dressing
- Visitation and viewing on the day of cremation
- Witnessing cremation
- Cremation fees